Networking large data centres, supply chain or office environments requires careful forethought, meticulous planning and expert knowledge.
W e have a team of experts who specialise in the design, planning and management of structured cabling solutions, working around the needs of our clients in sometimes complex environments. With our team of highly skilled engineers and strong relationships with the world’s leading cabling and connectivity suppliers – we are well equipped to deliver all of your hardware, LAN, fibre optic and telecommunications requirements.
Our structured cabling services include but are not limited to, these six key areas:
Entrance Facilities – the building entrance facilities is the point at which the outside cabling, such as telephone and internet cabling, interfaces with the buildings backbone cabling.
Equipment Room – here all the host equipment is stored which will serve the entire building and its users, design considerations of the equipment room for structured cabling is specified by the ISO, the Organisation for International Standards.
Telecommunications Room / Closet – house the telecommunications cables and equipment which connect the Backbone cabling subsystem and the horizontal cabling subsystem as well as the mechanical terminations.
Backbone Cabling – provides the connection between entrance facilities, equipment rooms and telecommunication rooms / closet.
Horizontal Cabling – connects the telecommunications rooms to the user work area outlets. It is important to remember that horizontal cabling should be configured in a star topology; each work area outlet is to be connected to a horizontal cross connect in the telecommunications room.
Work Area – connects the user equipment, such as telephones & PC’s to the outlets of the cabling system.
Benefits of Structured Cabling
One of the biggest advantages of having a structured cabling system is the reduction in maintenance costs of the cabling infrastructure and network as well as the following:
- Consistency – Having a structured cabling system ensures the same cabling system for Data, Voice and video resulting in fewer compatibility issues.
- Compatibility – A standard structured cabling system will support a wide variety of applications and hardware from all types of vendors and will enable a mix and match of equipment.
- Easy troubleshooting – Structured cabling systems allow identification of problems to be quick and easy. In addition the likelihood of the entire network going down is greatly reduced.
- Fault Isolation – With a structured cabling system the entire network is divided into manageable blocks, therefore it becomes much easier to test, isolate and correct specific points in the system, with minimal disturbance to the overall network.
- Future Proofing – Having a structured cabling system means that future applications can be supported such as multimedia and video conferencing with little or no upgrade requirements.
Structured Cabling Services provided by Expert IT Solutions include
- Site Surveys
- Complex Network / System Design
- Intelligent Patching
- Wireless Networking
- Fibre Optics